Monday, November 22, 2010

Emma's Throwback Thursday "Cricut-less" Challenge

Hi everyone!
Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while, it's been crazy around here.  Such is life right?!?!  Anyways, I finally found some time to make a card for Emma's Throwback Thursday Challenge.  It was kind of hard for me because I was really itching to use my cricut.  One of my dear friends gave me some really cool stamps from D.O.T.S (Dozens of Terrific Stamps) and some stamp pads from Close to my Heart.  So I thought I would try them out and see how they are.

I used a set of 4 stamps from D.O.T.S. that's a rose and a leaf.  The ink I used is from Close to my Heart andthe colors are Primrose and New England Ivy. I used the stamp-off method from Stampin' Up to get the different colors out of the two inks.   These probably aren't colors that are in use anymore, but I haven't checked to find out.  The cardstock is from a pack by Best Occasions that I bought from Walmart.  The pink is out of my scrap stash.  I rounded the corners using a corner rounder and inked up all the edges using Creamy Brown ink from Color Box.  I then popped up the layered image using popdots and the green colored ribbon from Walmart also.  The "Thank You" Sentiment is form a stamp set I bought from JoAnns that was stamped in black ink.

Thank you for taking the time to visit me!  I hope you have a great Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment: